All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

28 October 2005

The Best Cardio Excercise?

Which one is the best cardio or aerobics excercise...

1) Jogging or Running - Outdoors or on a treadmill
2) Stationary Bicycle
3) Swimming

Personally, I think the best is running. I've heard on numerous occasions people say that it's the best cardio ever!
Well, I won't say that it's bad or anything... even though I agree that it's the best, for me, running is far less ejoyable. In short, I myself don't quite like running because before I even run, I already can feel the exhaustion. LOL!!!

Anyway, I should erase thos limitng beliefs from my mind, because if I can make ahabbit out of running (as my friend has.. it's no longer a habit for him, it's a healthy obsession), I reckon I'd be fit in less than 3 months time. Fit and lean :)

Anyway, Stationary bike is kind'a good also. You however have to pedal fast in order to sweat and get your heart rate revved up. Once its there, all's OK except for the ache that's starting to develop in your thighs. LOL!

Swimming,... I'd say that this would be the most enjoyable :) Could also be the best I'd think. However, it's been quite some time since I last swam. So can't quite tell if I can actually do a few laps in one of those olympic sized swimming pool!

But basically, the most convinient and most effective would still be running I'd say.
You DO need a pair of decent running shoes. I bought a pair of Adidas, for about RM300++.
It was well worth it compared to my cheaper collections. 300 to me is very dear, and it's going to be quite some time until I buy myself another par of runners.

The shoe could be used in the gym also during weight sessions. But sometimes it might get stressed to much, especially when doing Squats and also Calf Raises.
Bench Presses, Barbell Presses, Palm Up Forearm curl and the rest of the upper body excercises are ok for the shoe to handle :)

Ok.

So in short, I think I WILL NEED to start running again. So that one day, not only will my stamina be sky high, ... but I'd also be able to achieve the health and lean body that I so much desire.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

  • erm jawa. is it true if u run too much or should i say excessively, it will lower down ur sex drive? jes curious. pls verify. hehe

    By Blogger princessren, at Thu Oct 27, 07:07:00 PM  

  • i have no idea oh Mary. But Wawa has never complained. hehehehe. Or has he.... LOL!

    Anywayz, I think running is ok, and the best way to shed fat. But like all other things, dont do it excessively la.

    Moderation is best :)

    By Blogger Ahmad Javanese, at Thu Oct 27, 07:48:00 PM  

  • Dance Dance Revolution on the PS2 laa.
    Need to buy another Dance Mat la..since existing one is already broken (excessive use), I've stopped using it until now :(

    Wawa? Who's wawa? A he? Now I'm confused.

    p/s: Why no pop up somemore?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Oct 28, 07:59:00 AM  

  • Wawa = Hairul Azwar Hashim

    WEbsite - www.pipot.com

    :D

    By Blogger Ahmad Javanese, at Sat Oct 29, 02:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home