All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

27 October 2005

Laptop Woes - Update

The Asus W3 laptop...

Intel Centrino 1.73GHz (Sonoma)
1 Gig Ram (Kingston)
60 GB Hard disk, 5400 RPM (So I was told)
14" Monitor
Windows XP Professional Edition
Bluetooth capable but not enabled. LOL!
Can play CD's even when the laptop is not ON!

The price of this laptop was agreed at 4820, Malaysia ringgit. But after all the phone calls and headaches, I think the value is well over 5500 already! LOL!

Anyway, the update is this. Got to contact somebody else from E-Peripherals. Dont know whether he's trustworthy, but it's the best I have at the moment.

Confirmed with me that all will be complete by 4:30 pm, Wednesday...TODAY!
And I will have to drag my but back to Low Yat plaza... to get my laptop.
BUT! Based on my experience... salemen's 4:30 is more like 9:30pm
I could just hope to Allah the all-mighty that for once, these people would keep their word. Cuz if they don't, I might just... just... just... Commit Murder???
NOoooooo... not in a million years if unneceesary :)

Write a report to FOMCA. I actually asked them what I could do regarding the matter. And this was the reply:

"En.TROXION
Di bawah adalah hak-hak tuntutan En. terhadap penjual.
En. boleh meminta gatirugi saperti "discount" keranan display unit/ secondhand.
Ganti dengan satu unit yang baru. Refund penuh.
Jadi, En boleh berunding dengan penjual mengikuk pilihan di atas dan juka tiada berhasil, En boleh membuat satu aduan bertulis kepada pihak kami. Sertakan juga resit bayaran dan dokumen berkaitan.
Terima kasih.
Vasu, NCCC"

Translation:

"Mr. Troxion

The following are your compensation rights towards the seller

You can ask for compensation in the form of a "discount" due to it being a display unit.
Replace with a brand new model. Full refund.

So, you can deal with the seller based on the above choices, and if to no avail, you can lodge a written
complaint to us. Please include the payment receipt and also other supporting documents.


Now that seems kind of promising. Even though I don't know why he put (") between discount :( Does it mean a different kind of discount? :D

In case I get hammered by this Raffle guy (that's the name of the salesman that's giving me problems), I could probably go through FOMCA. But still, I must remember my roots. And that's good old Malaysia... where the SELLERS ALWAYS (almost) TRIUMPHS OVER THE (uninformed) CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS!!!

Now I'm dealing with Jerry. And let's just hope he's not as shitty as Raffle. But from my experience, it would seem that they are both in the same sh**** boat. So, I might get the same sh** again. Well, at least I'm prepared a bit.... Now it's just going with the flow....
A flow that I wish would end soon so that I could just get my laptop.
After this, need to find a better way to purchase computer goods other than going to Low Freakin Yat Plaza!!!

Ok... Cheerios and wish me all of GOD's blessings :)

PS:- Have I offered anyone Jeremy Likness' FREE FAT LOSS CD? LOL!!!

5 Comments:

  • ko tak letak word notification ke? takde la masuk spammer2 ni..

    By Blogger K Fitt, at Wed Oct 26, 02:34:00 PM  

  • aku rasa ko ni ada hardware-component complication-allergy la (mcm dr house cakap)...dulu kena dgn IT-forest...pastu kena dgn wak rin...skrg ni kena dgn apek lowyat pulak...

    By Blogger K Fitt, at Wed Oct 26, 02:36:00 PM  

  • Belilah dari Dell online. Walaupun leceh sikit, tapi taklah bayar mahal2, dan kualitinya lebih terjamin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 26, 03:34:00 PM  

  • Low Yat tu murah kadang2 bersebab...tapi waaa dkt 5000 tu...aku bole dpt 2 setengah PS3. ^_^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 26, 04:50:00 PM  

  • waaaaaaaaa, akhirnya ada gak org tgk House M.D besides aku...

    Tu aaa, teringat kes IT Forest ko dulu.. matlan beli notebook kat lowyat gak, but unlike u, it went smoothly... could it be just because it's u? :D

    By Blogger sumpit, at Thu Oct 27, 02:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home