All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

26 October 2005

Quite pissed off - Laptop Woes Continues

Assalamualaikum WBT

Yesterday nite was a night to forget. But... I can't afford to, because if I do, I'd be losing more than 5000 ringgit Malaysia worth of computer hardware and software.

As I stated be4, went to pick up my Asus W3 laptop at Low Yat. When I got there, all was ready, except for a few small bugs that were ignorable (is there such a word?). Looked at the laptop, and inspected it a bit... which was my biggest mistake. DO NOT INSPECT JUST A BIT! Now I know that.

I also looked at the RAM. Unscrewed the bottom part and peeked inside. ANOTHER MISTAKE! DO NOT JUST PEEK! OBSERVE AS DISCRETELY AS POSSIBLE! Now I know that.

The salesman said that he was gonna give me 1 STICK of 1Gig RAM. When I looked into the laptop, thought all was ok becus I saw just 1 RAM being slotted in there. The system also stated 0.99 Gig; assuming a few megs were taken up by the system.

Long story short, when I reached UPM to do some additional software installation, it occured to me that the laptop was kinda... under-performing.... Tried to ignore the signs, but at one point, it was far too slow! Plus it didn't want to SHUT DOWN!

The lock slot at the back (the one that people usually relate to Kengsington) also showed signs of being used. It was like... berlekuk-lekuk!!! Darn! Did not see that during inspection :( After that, the flaws came into place one by one. The screen, when totally dimmed and all was black,. showed signs of dirt and smudges. The rear part had some scratches... and the battery slot wasn't in perfect alognment.

Argh!!! I've been had. And deservedly so! Because I thought I was dealing with honest people, when in reality, they were just a bunch of scum trying to make a sale!

Phoned the guy straight away. Was around 10++ PM at the time. He answered, and surprisingly did not put up a fight. HE KNEW IT ALL ALONG! Darn.... I got really2 pissed off. Sweared quite a bit, but nothing that harsh... besides, it's Ramadhan :)

Long story short (again), he said he was gonna replace it today. But the thing is, I have to carry my but all the way to Low Yat again, from Bangi. That raises my blood some more. The parking, the traffic, and also the tolls that never seem to be closing (Samy Blue!!! What de story???).

Anyway, waiting for his call around 11. Feel like killing this guy. But then, I'd go to prison, and also hell. LOL! So, will just see what happens. Already have a few rhetorics planned, hope all can be executed when the time comes.

A word to all, watch out for those freakin' sharks out there. They prey oneveryone!

My mistake was to swim in shark infested area without a harpoon and... a microscope :|

Word of advice for myself ... Next time... TENGOK BETUL2 DULU!!! EVEN IF IT MAKES U LOOK SILLY AND NEEDY, JUST TENGOK SAJA AND PERIKSA BETUL2!!!! NI CERITA RIBU RIBU NI! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I will never be that dumb again, insya-Allah.

4 Comments:

  • Next time..don't be to ghairah. Low yat..like u said, is infested with such ppl. Luckily la bole tukar..kalau tiba2 terus tutup kedai dia lari..haaa mane nak nangis raya2 ni.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 26, 08:58:00 AM  

  • Dia takkan lari, pasal dekat situ mmg almost 95% of kedai2 dimiliki oleh E-Peripherals :) Tapi tu la, sib baik la nampak flaws dia. Ghairah or not, dia mmg akan kasik laptop hampeh tu gaks. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 26, 09:28:00 AM  

  • a lesson for all of us.. trust no one, tak kira la cian, melayu, india, ozzie or kawasan sewaktu denganya...

    By Blogger eddie, at Wed Oct 26, 09:36:00 AM  

  • bak kata komputer ang dulu dulu... fikirkan dahuluuuuuuuuuu

    By Blogger JohnLabu, at Wed Oct 26, 01:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home