All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

15 December 2005

Better Bad Choices - The Jeremy Likness Philosophy

This morning I had a wake up call... AFTER I ACTUALLY WOKE UP!

I was dressing up for work, when I felt something was not right. I felt as though I was being squeezed to the bone... ok... maybe not the bone... but an uncomfortable squeezing sensation in my hip (close to tummy) area. Then I saw the bad news.

I was GETTING BACK TO WHERE I STARTED!
My waist is slowly going back towards 36"-37”. Argh! This was my waist in 1998! I thought I got rid of it.

Dang....

But... I know that the one to blame is I :) This is a direct result of a few "synergistic" factors...:

1) Over-eating (Or eating the wrong types of foods)
2) Not-exercising (Or exercising just once and then leaving it all up to hope)
3) Persistence of indiscipline (An interesting combination of words...)


Add all of that up... what d'ya get???

A LAZY FAT ASS whose gonna become one of the 'normal' people! The 'normal' people who in their teens are in the best shapes of their lives... and after that go to college or university and start to deteriorate slowly... and after that get fat when they start working... and after marriage!!! Can't even see yer toes becuz of the bulging bulk of blob (which is another way to explain pot-belly).

ARGH! I am getting fatter! No excuse there. Ironically... I'm also getting better at giving people advice on how to get thinner. HAHAHAHA!!! Darn... I'm also turning into the 'normal' people who dont walk-the-walk...don't talk-the-talk. :(

Hmmmmmm....

Anyway... I think you all know that the above is OLD STORY :)
Hehehehe.

What I want to push here is the fact that I listened to a free CD from Jeremy Likness, and it sort’ a put my life into perspective. Jeremy Likness by the way is an acclaimed author; fitness expert and coach and also creator of the revolutionary course LOSE FAT NOT FAITH!

At first, I thought this would be like any other motivational CD I've listened to. All the wonderful advice... but how the hell to implement I also don no lah!

But it turned out to be really really relevant to my life. I mean... the fact that I had to change my eating habits is of course very very true. But Jeremy shared his experience of how he converted from a McDonalds Super-Size Value Meal freak... to a raw-veggie healthy food master! (... Ok. I dont expect you to understand what I meant by the latter)... :P

He also shared about choosing what he says are... better-bad-choices. Hmmm.... That sounds a bit confusing yet interesting you must say. But hey... when I think of it... it's absolutely 100% true.... Let me explain...

LIFE is gonna happen no matter what. And with LIFE comes challenges :) When you embark on your weight loss or probably muscle-gain journey, you will be faced with 'challenges'... And the thing is... if these challenges are not dealt with, you are BOUND to fail.

This is where better-bad-choices comes in.

Let's say you're on a program that promotes healthy eating and exercise. And let's say that, one night, you get invited to a friend's house for his birthday party. Naturally, you won't get any healthy food there :) It's gonna be high-sugar-high-fat galore!

Now you are faced with a dilemma. What do you eat? And since you're on a tight regime, what do you do? The normal case would be ...

Hmmm... I'm on this diet. And if I eat that cake and that pizza, I'm straying away from it. Hmmmm... Oh well... it's just one night. Might as well just stuff myself with whatever's around and start afresh tomorrow... Yeah! I'll do just that :)


This actually happened to me once. The sad thing is... it BROKE the discipline that I built along the months. After the first meal I cheated again... and then again... and the again. I just made the wrong choice!... the BADdest-choice :(

But I learnt from Jeremy that it's OK to make bad choices... just make them better :)
Since you're in a situation where healthy food is not available... just take in as few 'bad' food as you can. Instead of eating the whole pizza, just take one slice. Instead of binging on that chocolate cake, eat just a small part of it. And if you can't resist the other stuff like Jelly, Nuggets, Sausages etc... Try taking small bits of each. That way, you can be assured that you've tried everything :) Thus you won't feel that you missed out! PLUS! When you get home, you won't have that stuffed feeling when you over eat :)

Anyway... that's among some of the things I learnt through Jeremy's CD. It is FREE in a sense you don't have to pay for it. But there's still the delivery fee. :P and that doesn't go to Jeremy. It goes to the postal people. Hence the term FREE :)

Ok. That's all I wanna write about today.

As for my hips and stomach... it's gonna get smaller. And I can assure you readers who know me personally... by January, the size ain't gonna be 36 or 37. Please expect me to be in my low 30s :) HAR!

I WILL!!!

And I have started! :)

Just wait to see the results!

BETTER BAD CHOICES! That's one philosophy I will ALWAYS keep in mind.

Always made the BADDEST CHOICE! Now all I have to do is make them better :)
hehehehe.

(For more information on Jeremy Likness, simply click here)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home