All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

14 December 2005

BIRO TATA NEGARA (Ba-Thee-Nun)

Assalamualaikum :)

From the 8th to 12th December 2005, me and my wife were "forced" to attend a course by Malaysia's Biro Tata Negara (Country's Biro of ... Tata?). 8th to 12th???!!! Darn... That's a long 5 days and 4 nights! ... I was simply NOT looking forward to it. So to was my wife... But who were we to object. It's a requirement for those who want to pursue their degree's overseas...

Anyway, this course was designed for Masters and PHD students before they 'flied' abroad. It didn't matter if you're going to China, German, New Zealand, Australia, England, Netherlands or even Jordan,... if you wanna leave the country... then you have to attend the course.

I was expecting... Early morning wake up calls... I mean like 5 am latest! Late nite Roll Calls... Army like 'kawad'... Pissed off ex-commandos as trainers.... and smart-ass fascilitators!!! Arghhhh!!! This was not a fun thing to even imagine....

So, I and my lovely wife packed our separate bags, and drove of tu KEM ULU SEPRI, REMBAU, NEGERI SEMBILAN...

-------------------

THE ARRIVAL

We started off early to avoid any unnecessary traffic congestions. It took us around 1 hour ++ to reach the place.
Chaitz... below 91 km. Cannot jamak qasar la like this. Hueh hueh hueh
Reached the camp at around 8:30 am. We were one of the earliest. There were a few people before us. The camp was a very secluded area. Surrounded by high-reaching trees, the environment was very very cool and relaxing. It was even a good place to build a resort I thought. LOL!

But I wasn't about to let my guard down. ARGH!

EXPECT THE WORST SOLDIER! YOU'RE IN A BTN COURSE!!!


Thus I prepared my mental to expect the worst.

At the receptionist desk, we were greeted by an ex-commando (we found out about the commando thing later in the day). He was extremely polite :) More polite than the Maybank2U Telephone Support Staff... LOL! He gave us each bed sheets, pilow cases and blankets.Looked very-very comfi.

In my mind...

A good intro before the torture begins. Har har di har har har, SAYZ I!!!

After that, me and my wife went separate ways. I went to dorm 4A1, and she went to 5A1... boys and girls must separate :)

-------------------

THE INTRODUCTION

After a few hours, the camp was filled with fellow BTN'er. Most were academcians, but there were also Medical Doctors, Vets and also one very-very 'distinguished' Tenaga Nasional Berhad engineer... mmm... a lady she was :) An AMOI to be more speficic. :)

Everyone was dressed in white with dark blue or black trousers/long skirts. Like SCHOOL KIDS some more. There we sat... in the hall... waiting for the torture to begin....

I can only remember during my school days when the Kem Bina Negara was held. Not my favourite days of college I'd say. :P

Then it started!!!!!

The HEAD FASCILITATOR came forth and.... started speaking....

More to mumbling at timesss.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

-------------------
to be continued... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home