All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

19 December 2005

Liverpool (0) - Sao Paolo (1)

Last night, at around 8++ pm (or so I think it was), I turned on ASTRO channel 81 (or wa it 82). Anyway, it was the Sports channel, and I was hoping to see a victorious Liverpool.
First of all, I didn't know the name of the CUP final they were playing in, but I do know from a friend that it's something about being the best club in the world?

Anyway... first and foremost, I'd like to congratulate Liverpool, the club I've been supporting since the era of John Barnes, Peter Beardsly, Ian Rush, Steve Mc Mahon and also Bruce Grobellar. It's been an up and down journey for the past few months, and it seems that they've gotten their act together by reaching this cup final (against Sao Paolo of Brazil).

Ok, back to the turning on of the TV ... :) What I saw was quite devastating. For the scoreline depicted 1-0 against Liverpool And it was already the 89th minute. Darn! Another loss... :( And indeed the score remained till the end. Liverpool had lost.... again... Liverpool, the club I support... had lost :( It was kind of frustrating.... But then i remembered that... I shouldn't just judge the cover by the book.... So I waited around to see the match highlights.

Whao! It seemed that my team did quite a lot of attacking. Quite a few nice chances and also a few good saves made by the Sao Paolo keeper (whoever his name is). And after looking at the football match statistics, it showed that Sao Paolo only had 2 shots on target (1 obviously went in... there goes Reina's clean sheet. LOL!). Whereas Liverpool had like... more than 10 I think?
Shots on goal... I remember clearly that Sao Paolo had only 4! Liverpool had like... 24 or 27? But none of those went in. :( Sad story... but hey, that's football... and life.... and netball.... and also basketball... and also badminton and every other sport... am I making sense here?)

Again I'd like to stress that I did nort see the match. But based on the stats... I would imagine that Liverpool went down with a fight. An unfair fight that is. Dominated by them, but takdir had it that the ball ended up in their net. Not a familiar feeling for Pepe Reina I'd imagine, since before this he went 10 games without seeing his net shatter.

Anywayz, I'd like to congratulate Liverpool fottball club for going this far. Yes... this trophy has slipped from our grasps... but like they say... There's always next year.... mmmm... is there? I mean, this cup, is it an annual thinggy? Hehehehehe.

Ok Liverpool... YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

Liverpool - Still Winners

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home