All in a days life... Thanks for reading :)

Google

08 February 2006

Waaa.... Pasal Alor Setar Tower sikit

Ello my dear readers. Sorry for long-time-no-blogging... just been kinda wrapped up in a few personal and not so personal things for the past week!

One of them... was going back to Alot Setaq for my fren's wedding :) Cik (now PUAN) Nor Azwani Shukri bin Jaapar.... ok... takde la bin Jaapar tu.... aku pon tak tau apa pasal aku suka bin kan orang dengan Jaapar. I have this one fren nama Farid Jaapar... tapi bukan pasal dia pon. AKu pon tak tau apa pasal I am so fixed on this Jaapar fellow. HAH! Anywayz...

What was I talking about just now?

O... ok. Ok ok... I was in Kedah to attend this wedding. Went with Pokok Sena, and had a feast :) Jumpak la ET and also Dzul.

Lepas tu, balik singgah la sat dekat itu Alor Setar tower. Eh... was it after the wedding or when ek?

Anywayz, rasa2nya not directly after the wedding la. Since Alor Setar was like SCORCHING HOT!

Went to the tower... and decided not to go up cuz the entrance fee was kinda steep. Didn't have much cash at the time. All were already allocated for pre-planned activities.

The thing 'd like to story about... is what you know...?

They have rates... rates for adults... for children and there were also other rates.

Adults were RM9... kot? And children was a lot lesser.
But tak kisah la yang tu. The thing that struck me as wierd was that... they actually had a rate
for FOREIGNERS!!!???

I mean... It's spelled out there in plain SANS-SERIF TEXT!!!

FOREIGNERS RM10.

Ok, now... I don't know about you guyz, but when I read that, I thought that there's gotta be something wrong... Why put a rate for foreigners? ... Makna nya people from Thailand... Indonesdia... Vitenam... and not to mention Americans, Germans, Australians, Chezkoslovakians... English....

It's like... some sort of profiling I guess... Macam tak sesuai la pulak. Not appropriate.
What about foreign kids? Which rate will they go under? Kinda steep for a kid to be charged RM10 dont ya think :P

I think something should be done la. I also satu... Didn't open my mouth to the people who was jaga-ing the counter. But... I dont think it would have made any difference.... Lagipon... it was so damn hot! That I takut some of the counter people might just hantam me for being so observant! HAHAHA!!!

Anywayz, that's my post for today. Not to attack Kedahans... no sir-rie!!! Me myself... I have some Kedah blood in me :) Cuz got some relatives there... plus my mother is of Kedah (plus Arab according to here. kekekeke) decent :)

Ok. I leave you with the Alor Setar Tower (Got revolving restaurant also up there you know. Macam KL tower jugak la kiranya)

4 Comments:

  • ha eleh! byk negara macam tu lah. ada tourist rate utk foreigners. masa aku dgn apan gi jogjakarta pun camtu. tapi sebab kitorang fasih bahasa indon... so no problem.

    imagine... utk locals to enter borubudur... 2,500 rupiah. tapi utk foreigners... USD35!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Feb 08, 05:07:00 PM  

  • ZAN! U READ MY BLOG! I lub U lah Zan :)

    By Blogger Ahmad Javanese, at Wed Feb 08, 10:11:00 PM  

  • tapi kat US takde pun rate untuk foreigner... tapi mungkin sebab banyak orang US tak sempat melawat seluruh pelusuk negara sendiri..

    btw, iza nak hadiah graduation..

    oh smalam iza kuar ngan mat salleh sorang... comel giler mamat tuh!! tapi dia muda dua tahun.. nnt iza soh dia masuk islam.. sbb dia suka physics.. nerd sket.. tapi takper iza pun nerd gaks

    oh pastu gaji iza last week 111 USD.. huhu. lawa kan number tuh. iza pk kalau 4 minggu dapat 444.. kali 3.7 dapat 1642 ringgit.. tuh bukan sama gaji tutor ke? baik iza buat kopi part time jer then.. 13 jam je keje dari 40.. ngehehe!!

    pastu iza nak hadiah graduation...

    By Blogger Ija, at Thu Feb 09, 01:31:00 AM  

  • aku still tak payah apa fungsi menara kl.. ada strategik function ker yg perlu di replicate satu kat alor setar.. baik ler salurkan fund tuh buat projek perumahan rakyat termiskin.. ada gaks faedah..

    I think dengan collect tiket USD10 tuh pun bukan nyer boleh cover maintenance tower tuh.. apa lagi nak dapat balik duit yg spent building it.. wasteful in my opinion..

    By Blogger eddie, at Thu Feb 09, 10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home